- Redmond, the Bicycle Capital of the Northwest, houses the state’s only velodrome. And bikers and hikers relish the chance to enjoy the spectacular scenery along the seventeen miles of trails.
- Craftsman, Midcentury and newer developments give newcomers lots of housing choices, along with the Master Planned, Golf Course and Adult Living communities here.
- Microsoft and Nintendo America, with other high tech companies, have brought a diverse and active population to Redmond.
- More than a thousand acres of both developed parklands and green space contribute to the earned designations of Happiest Young Professionals and the Top Five Places to Live in America, among others. With Lake Sammamish and the Sammamish River running nearby, there is no shortage of outdoor recreation activities in Redmond.
- Redmond Derby Days is a several-day festival that began as just a bike race in the previous century. In December, Redmond Lights begins with a tree lighting but also includes a luminary walk on the Sammamish Trail. Year-round, the Eastside Symphony, the Second Story Repertory Theater Company, the Old Redmond Firehouse, and the Marymoor amphitheater host performing artists from around the world and just around the corner.
Parks and Rec