- Kent is home to hundreds of successful companies, including REI, Oberto Sausage Company, and the two largest waterjet corporations in the country. No wonder the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum is located here!
- Kent’s extensive parks and trails system includes an astounding 73 parks ranging in size from 4,300 square feet to 160 acres! Skateparks, greenbelts, playing fields, and wildlife preserves entice residents to get outside.
- The ShoWare Center, a multipurpose performance arena, hosts the Seattle Thunderbirds ice hockey team, while the Tacoma Stars play indoor soccer there.
- Kent Station, an “open-air urban village,” is a commercial beacon for movie-goers, shoppers and restaurant devotees.
- Annual events such as Kent Cornucopia Days, Art in the Park, Take a Kid Fishing Day, and the Tree City Turkey Trot take full advantage of the spectacular scenery surrounding Kent.
Parks and Rec