As many local homeowners hang tight in their current abode as an avoidance tactic for entering our crazy market I field more and more questions from past clients, friends, and family regarding home updates.
My advice is always to love the space you’re in. Sometimes a local move just isn’t in the cards so creating a home you truly enjoy becomes the focus.
Every project comes with a sliding scale of time, money, and magnitude. For some simple and cost-effective updates to your master bath, or any bath for that matter, here are my can’t miss tips:
- Swap out dated or worn fixtures such as the faucet(s), shower head, and lighting.
- Add shelving and décor. We often don’t think about decorating our bathrooms, but flowers, succulents, canisters, and candles create a more homey feel.
- Paint your cabinets. Home Depot has a wonderful tutorial on how to do this yourself. Click here for more.
- Repaint your walls and ceiling. Lighter colors in bathrooms add a sense of space and brightness. Going too dark effects lighting and shrinks the room.
- Add or replace cabinet hardware. If you don’t have knobs or pulls they are simple to install.